Casement Window - Tie Bar?

A handy person from Hollister, CA says:

Hi:

I have a large casement window with no tie bar attached to the locking mechanism. There are only 3 points on the window that latch into the bar, but the bar that is missing has 4 round nubs on it. (Photos from another matching window) I am attaching photos. The bar is 46 5/8" long. The round nubs on the bar (measured from the top) are centered at 3 7/8" : 24 1/4" : 40 3/8" : 46".

I am submitting an order right now for a bunch of tie bar guides and a few crank handles. If I can get this bar added to that order that would be great. If not, we can figure out another solution.

Thank you for your help.

Scot

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Garage Window - IMG_3733.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Garage Window IMG_3734.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Garage Window IMG_3735.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Garage Window IMG_3736.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Garage Window IMG_3738.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Scot. We sell only two tie bars that may work for you: our 38-968 and 38-919. Both of these measure 46.9", though, which is the closest possible size we have to yours. They also each have a different configuration of rollers in a different style. Look them over to see if either would be a good fit for your window.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.