Casement Window replacement handle and necessary parts

A quick learner from Newtown PA says:
An Anderson casement window in Toll home built in 1998. Need to fix this handle as shown. Thank you for your help!!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Since your hardware is still installed, let's have you take a look at our 38-285 lock bezel and 39-291 lock handle. I believe these could be the parts you need. Give it a close look. What are your thoughts?
A quick learner from Pennsylvania says:
Hi Paul - Yes! I definitely need the lock handle but also need this part - ANDERSEN 400 PS SASH LOCK, LH, Product Code: 38-161.
I think I can replace it myself unless you tell me it is extremely difficult to do so. Please let me know and I will order ASAP. Thank you again.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

It's not extremely difficult, but it can be a bit of a hassle. Based on your picture, you will need to pry off the sill cover and header molding in order to remove the left side retainer molding. You can then access the screws for the 38-161, allowing you to replcae it.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.