Casement multi point sash lock

A contractor from California says:
Hi, I found a lock and a tie bar with item #s 38-091 and 38-916. My question is how the tie bar latches to window sash. There should be a keeper or rail that tie bar cone rollers latch into! Can you help me find that part? I don't have any pictures to send you since I'm building a wood window and trining to use these lock system for it. Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're 100% right, tie bars are attached to the window using a guide like our 39-417. These screw directly to the window frame and then the tie bar fits into that hooked clip you see. Could you get this to work for your application?

If you look through older discussions for the 39-417, you can see other customers who have submitted pictures of their complete systems already installed. I recommend browsing through some of them to get an idea of what I mean.

A contractor from California says:
Hi, please note that I don't have any problem with lock , tie bar and tie guide. My question is what the tie bar or tie bar roller latch to when you put it in lock position. There should be a keeper of some sort that goes on the sash. And that keeper is what I'm looking for.thx
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for clarifying! I think I can help. Take a look at our 38-276 and 38-279 keepers, along with the 38-279 and 38-280. These are just a few of the possible keepers you'll see used on multi point locks.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)