Casement window lock question

A quick learner from Minnesota says:
Primary Casement Sash Lock, Non-Handed
Product Code: 38-144
Hi! I have a broken plastic piece on my Peachtree/Crestline/Vetter Series 500 casement sash lock so the window doesn't lock (not good in MN; currently duct taped shut). There is also a secondary handleless lock on the window.
Do I order the 38-144 and a new keeper to make sure the lock closes? Will the handless lock work (it doesn't seem to now) or should I order a handled lock and keeper for that upper lock too?

This window is on the north side of my house so I want it to close and stay closed.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Is the 38-144 identical to your original lock? If it isn't, then it may not work. If you show me a picture of your old lock we would have a better idea of what you have and what may work as a replacement.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.