CertainTeed Window Swing Arm Gear Mechanism

A home owner from East Syracuse, NY says:
As you can see in the pictures, the gear mechanism for the swingarm on these discontinued certainteed windows has broken inside of the window, I was hoping I could get help identifying the part numbers and get a price quote so I can replace the mechanism.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191010_230833.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191010_230841.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191010_230827.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I think we can replace this operator for you, but we'll need to see it out of the window in its entirety, including the link arm(s). From there, we'll do our best to find a replacement. Many thanks.

Sorry for the late reply, the end of the month is extremely busy in my profession unfortunately that screw in piece in the first picture actually broke off inside of the socket in the second picture and I cannot open the window. We get really nasty windows here and I'm afraid if I open the window without a replacement piece I won't be able to close it again

What I truly need, and will be incredibly grateful if you can help me find, is just that screw piece (picture #1), I figured I would get the whole gear mechanism just in case the piece in the window was damaged or stripped.

I'm sorry, I'm an idiot. I just realized that I could open the window easily
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191102_184408.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191102_184416.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191102_184348.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me! I should have clarified in my initial response: when that worm gear piece falls out of the operator, as displayed in your first photo, this means that the entire mechanism has worn down and has to be replaced. Fortunately, it looks like we can identify this. See either our 39-031 and 39-032, or our 39-155 and 39-156. These operators are very similar, with just slight differences in the dimensions of the link arms. Look over both sets and let me know if one of these is what you're looking for.

Thank you for those links, but would you mind explaining how the difference in dimensions of the link arms is going to affect installation?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure! If the link arm of the replacement operator doesn't match the size of the link arm on your old operator, then you may not be able to close the window. It will stop at a certain point because there is simply not enough play to tug it close that last inch or so. It's very important to measure your old link arm to be sure that the replacement is the same size. We have detailed dimensions on each part's store page that you can use as a reference.

Tom, I'm sorry, but Bob replied to my reply with links to operators and mentioned, 'These operators are very similar, with just slight differences in the dimensions of the link arms.' But now you had mentioned that incorrectly sized operators might affect the window closing. Does this mean that the operators Bob had sent me won't actually work?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

No. One of the two pairs Bob mentioned will work, but since we don't know your dimensions there's no way for us to know which one it is. It's only going to be one or the other, which is why Bob asked you to look them over to confirm which set matches your dimensions. 

He was only able to narrow it down to those two pairs. You'll have to take it from there and determine which one is the better match.

Understood, I appreciate both of your help with this. I was clueless, and I feel less lost haha!
Have a great day/weekend
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.