Certainteed Double Hung /Tilt upper and lower

A handy person from Wailuku says:
Please advise me on the parts I need. The window is 15 pounds and the pivot bar is broken as you can see in the pictures. This the part that is on the bottom of the window. The spring is 3/4" wide. There is a stamp on the spring, 1C J
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0525.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0526.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0527.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0530.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for sharing your images with us. Starting off with your pivot shoe, our 15-192 maybe what you need. Confirm our measurements are a match with yours. This part could be used with both the Series 170 and Series 171 coil springs. Look over both springs to see which one would make the better match. Since your stamping does not match with any of ours, we would need for you to get back to us with the weight of your window sash. Moving on to your spring cover, our 15-156 looks a little different but should still work fine in place of what you have. Lastly, for your pivot bars, since your is broken, I can not say for sure whether our 26-353 or 26-175 would make the better options for a replacement. It's best to compare our options with one of yours that is still intact to make the ultimate decision.

A handy person from Wailuku says:

Looks like the short tongue, series 170. I stated 15 lbs on sash. Which coil do I need

Here is the broken part of pivot bar. It is on the bottom side of sash

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5F4551A5-54CF-44BF-87CA-F38315C19F23.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 96247C63-A3A3-4B12-BD87-1A7F7781BCA1.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

For your coil, our S170-334 if it should be two coils per side. If it's just one coil on each side of the window, then you can go with the S170-408. As for your pivot bars, I would start with taking a look at the parts I previously recommended. If neither one would work, we really would need to see a photo of one that is not damaged at all to make more of an accurate recommendation. 

SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.