Champion Tilt-In Window Pivot Lock Shoe

A quick learner from Toledo, OH says:
I am in need of replacement pivot lock shoes for the Champion windows the previous homeowner had installed. I have attached a photo of part, but have not yet removed the old broken pivot. Waiting on the jam spreading tool I ordered from you yesterday. :)
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting with your photo. Our 15-177 pivot shoe should work in place of your current part. These can be used with the Series 152 screw-on coil springs. Please get back to us with the spring code stamped on your current coil when choosing the appropriate one.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

There at least had to have be a coil spring attached at some point, otherwise there'd be no way for these to keep the window up. If you have no springs, you will need to order new ones. Is there an identical window in the house that may use the same hardware? If so, you can use that as a reference for what you need. If not, let us know and we can work from there.

Thanks for the information. I am not 100% positive, but I believe these pivot lock shoes are free-floating in the channel. I don't see any kind of coil spring connected to them.
Thanks for the info. I'll do that this evening, and get back to you\place an order for the model shoe you suggested.
Follow-up . . . Once I got my SWISCO jamb spreading tool in, I was able to get the Champion window apart and see what was going on; and in fact, it did have a coiled spring attached to the pivot lock shoes. I ordered 10 of your model 15-177s and they worked out great. Applied a light coating of spray teflon dry lube to the parts and channels, and now the windows slide great - like new.

Thanks again.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.