Champion Window Parts

A home owner from Kansas says:
Needing parts for fold out Champion window. Photos enclosed. Need two each.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220515_152243.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220515_152129.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220515_152212.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Take a look at our 15-177 pivot shoe, which uses the Series 152 coil springs, and 26-226 pivot bar. Look over our dimensions and compare them with yours to see if this matches up for what you need.

As for the sash lock, can you write out the distance between the two installation holes, measured from center-to-center?

I think I have this figured out. The 15-177 measures correctly, as does the 26-226. I would need two each of those. Four each of the 33-055. I would need two latches. The stationary pieces have 2" hole centers and the latch pieces have 1 7/8" hole centers. 

Still have a question aboutthe coil springs. Mine have a hook on the open end that attaches to the balance shoe. Will these work with the 15-177 shoe? Also do you have the window stop material in different widths? I had to trim away part of sash to make opening to get balance shoe out. Now the stop pieces are not wide enough to snap back in. I could use pieces that are 1 1/8" x 1 3/4".

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220519_204842.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220519_204950.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

The manufacturer actually discontinued your hooked coil springs. With that said, our Series 152 coil springs are screwed to the pivot shoe with our 33-071 pan head screws. 

We don't have a sash lock in this style with 2" hole center spacing. Our 90-161, 90-274, 90-278 and 90-286 are similar but their hole center spacing differs. Double check your dimensions and compare them with our locks to see if one of these matches what you need.

I'm afraid we don't carry a replacement for this sash stop. Your best option would be to contact the original manufacturer. 

Well okay lets forget the latches for now. How do I know what weight coil springs I need. The ones I have from Champion are marked with a "C" of that means anything.
Profile picture of Emily

To determine the correct coil weight, you'll need to remove and weigh your window sash. Then, you'll divide the weight by the number of coils on both sides of the window to determine the correct strength option.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.