Changing out balances

A quick learner from Simi Valley says:
I replaced several balances that had the two metal tabs in the window track to catch the balance so I could remove the window. In the pictures attached there is only one metal catch and it seems too high to be able to help get the windows out. How do I get the balances to catch with no metal clip? Or can I buy clips and install them to catch the balance?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AEAFA656-C202-44E5-BBE7-C59119DF46E4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C8C7C881-CA17-4849-AB0A-DB864105ADF3.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I believe the part you're referring to is known as a take out clip, like the 16-002. There's only one clip needed to be able to install in the replacement balance. As long as it is installed where it should be within the jam, there shouldn't be any on-going issues. Have you had the opportunity to review our video on replacement balances? If not, take a look at the video below and see if this helps.

Ok, I have watched the video again and I'm still not understanding how to remove the balance or install the balance ion the side missing the take out clip.....is there a video that shows that? Or should I buy clips to install so they are on both sides?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If your window is missing a take out clip, then you have two options: you can purchase a new take out clip and install that, then replace your balances as shown in the video.

Or, as a temporary measure, you can drill a hole just below where the old take out clip went and install a screw. You want the screw to stick  up a little, just enough so that it catches the balance just as a take out clip would. When the balances are replaced and you're all done, simply remove the screw.

Thank you! I'll order the clips.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! Please let us know if you have any questions.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement channel balance
How to identify a replacement channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.