Channel Balance

A quick learner says:

Hello,

I am looking to replace channel balances on 2 windows bottom sections only. Both windows are the same size. Both windows require replacement of right and left side balances. Current balances are stamped 2740.

Window weighs approximately 22lbs

Each channel measure approximately 9/16" deep by 1.25" wide. Let me know what other information I need to provide.Leo

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1 (4).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image4 (2).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3 (4).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0 (6).jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Leo. I believe we can supply these balances, but based on what I see in your photos it will have to be a custom configuration.

To sum it up, I believe you have our Series 770, but with a 62-105 hook at the end of the cord instead of a terminal clip. Does that look good to you?

If so I just need to clear up a few details before we can get the ball rolling on a custom order. To begin with, can you confirm the length of the metal channel itself? I am not certain at this stage if it's 27" or 28". Can you also confirm that you only needed 4 of these?

Once I have that information, I will email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site. 

A quick learner says:
Yes, series 770 looks like what I have to replace. Length of metal channel is 28". There is a small hook that goes into pivot shoe and has cord tied on the end. I'll add a photo. Will you also include new pivot shoes?
I will need four of these. Have to replace them on bottom sashes of 2 windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 63CCB995-C7D1-42BF-8086-DD8667BCAB24.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yep, that hook is the 62-105 that I mentioned. That will be installed at the end of the cord instead of the square terminal clip. We'll also be going with the 28C stamp based on your sash weight of 22 pounds; this carries 18 through 23 pounds, so it should be perfectly fine for your window.

What I'll do now is email you a purchase link for four balances made with this configuration. You can use that to add the balances in question to your cart.

The pivot shoe is our 15-105. This won't be included with the custom order link, as it is just a stock part, but you can add it to your cart directly from our catalog. That way you can checkout with everything at once.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.