Channel Balance

A home owner from Hayward says:
Good Morning,
I need some help in identifying a channel balance that I am replacing in a couple of windows in my home.
From the instructions on your website, I have measured the item to be 29" long and the width is 1/2". It appears to have a top similar to the 19-005 and a shoe similar to the 15-002. I do not see a sample on your site with these two options. Is it critical to use the exact same top and shoe, or can I use one that is close? It also has a number stamp of "2820"
I've attached photos of one I have removed.

Thanks for your time and help.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Can you confirm the heel-to-toe measurement of your shoe? For the 15-002, this measurement is 1", while the 15-002 is 1-3/32". If yours is between those two, it's usually because it was 1-3/32" but wore down a little over time with use.

If it is 1", you have two options. You could go with the Series 395 anyway and simply shave the shoe down to size, or we could custom make you a special balance with the 19-005 and 15-002. Let me know how you wish to proceed!
A home owner from Hayward says:
Thanks for the help. It looks like the S395-29 should work. I'm going to try it.

Thanks again
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)