22 3 1DX Channel Balance

A landlord from Tennessee says:
I received the channel balance 795 23D and it looks like an exact replacement for the broken one (hook end of spring broke) except for the spring (larger gauge wire diameter). It looks like it is for a heavier window (my mistake). My original part has "22 3*DX" stamped on it so I ordered the 23D, thinking the "D" in the stamp signified "D" weight.

Anyway, can you tell me if I need the 23A or 23B based on the stamped info? I don't have access to the window at the moment so I don't know the sash weight. The vinyl sash measures 32 1/8" wide X 26 1/8" high and is insulated glass with grill, American Craftsman Buck Series 50.

I've attached a picture of marking on broken channel balance.

Thanks,
Jerome
channel balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what the problem might have been. Can you tell me the exact weight of your sash? That will let us know for sure what will work.
A quick learner from Tennessee says:
Well that is my problem. It is a rental house and I can't get to it conveniently and get it weighed so I was hoping the info stamped on the old original part might give a good indication of the proper part.
Oh well.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Based on your sash size, the sash weight might be 17 pounds. That would indicate a 23C stamp. However, this method isn't the most reliable way of calculating sash weight. Your old stamp is a little weird, since no modern Series 795 balances are stamped using this kind of system. The only way to be 100% sure is to have the sash weight.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.