Channel Balances marked 2220 and 2320

A home owner from Little Rock, AR says:
These are from the same window but are marked as 2220 and 2320. One appears to be a little longer than the other, but they are not perfectly straight now.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5582.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5583.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5584.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5591.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5592.JPG
A home owner from Little Rock, AR says:
I think these were the only markings (28 3) I could find on this channel balance. I realize this may not be enough information. Photos of top and bottoms are from a different window but appear the same.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2694.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5591.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. Your balance closely resembles both our Series 351 and Series 390. The only difference between these two balances is the depth measurement of the bottom balance show. The depth of the bottom balance shoe for the Series 351 is 1" and for the Series 390 is 1-1/8. You will need to measure the depth of your bottom shoe, like in the diagram below to determine which of the two would make the better match. For the balance marked with "2220", you want to confirm the metal length of the balance measures 23". The one marked with "2320", confirm the metal length to be 24". And lastly, the one marked with "28 3" confirm the balance to be 29" in length. Whichever balance chosen will use a 2220, 2230, and 2830 options to correlate with your stampings. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

A home owner from Little Rock says:
I ordered the Series 351 2230 for this window and it seems to be a little too tall. The original was a 2220. I'm not sure what I need to do. The window will close almost all the way, but won't latch because the latch doesn't quite line up.

The picture shows how the foot is sticking out beneath the bottom of the pane when open. I'm not sure what if this is too long (the 22 measurement) or if this is too strong (the 30 measurement).

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5725.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It looks to me like the new balance is too long. A 2220 stamp indicates a metal channel length of 23". Reviewing your prior two posts, I don't see any mention of how long your old metal channels are. Can you confirm that they're 23"?

The "30" in the 2230 stamp is not a measurement, it just denotes the strength of the spring. Two balances with a 2230 stamp can carry a sash weighing 12 through 19 pounds, as indicated on the chart on our S351-23 store page. May I ask, why did you choose to go with the 2230 stamp instead of the original 2220 stamp? That wouldn't cause the balance to stick out at the bottom, but it may affect how difficult the window is to open and close.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.