Channel Balance

A home owner from Callahan, FL says:

The balance has broken on a couple of the windows in a house we bought. The house was built in 1993. The only identification we found was a small plate at the bottom of the window that said "BP547".

The window is single hung and the bottom sash tilts out for cleaning.

Part dimensions:

Length 29"

Width 9/16"

Depth 5/8"

The spring measure 14" long from top to bottom of the hooks. We can weigh the sash if necessary. No stamps on the old channel. Found a number on the back.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201228_174119.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201228_174148.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201228_174205.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We can definitely supply this balance, but it'll have to be a custom order due to its configuration. Specifically, we'd be using our Series 770  channel balance and swapping the bottom clip out for our 62-105 hook. Does that look good to you?

If so, I think it would be best if you confirm the weight of the sash just to be on the safe side. The Series 770 works a little differently than yours so getting sash weight would allow us to be 100% sure we're getting you the right strength. I'd also like to know how many you need.

A home owner from Callahan, FL says:
The 62-105 hook looks right along with the Series 770 balance though ours doesn't have any plastic piece on the top.

We have one window with a sash weight of 20 pounds while the other is 26 pounds. The larger window has a mark of 2840 on it. Both are 29" long.

We don't know if this means two different part numbers for replacements. Most of our windows are 36" width (20 lb), several are 24" width (? lb), and just the one 40" width (26 lb).

Right now we have just these 2 windows (20 lb & 26 lb) with broken sashes and we'd want to replace both sides. However, we might want to purchases spares since we know we are starting to see failures.

Recommendations? Prices?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Okay, so what I'll do is email you two purchase links for two balances each. Both will meet the criteria I described above, but one will have a 29C stamp for the 20 pound sash (29C indicates these balances can carry 18 through 23 pounds) and the other will have a 29D stamp (23 through 28 pounds).

If you wanted to make any changes to quantity, let me know. 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.