Channel Balance ID

A quick learner from Texas says:
I have several windows where the plastic piece broke. I need to replace the whole spring unit. Where can I find this? I am having problems.
Thanks
Marsha
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window-1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window-2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Marsha. Do you have an undamaged version of this balance with the attachments still intact? If so, can you show us those attachments? From there, we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. Thanks. 

Profile picture of Bob

Hi Marsha, thanks for these photos. Yep, this looks like an older version of the Series 795 we've seen before. If the metal channel is 26" long, then the S795-26 with a stamp option of 26C would work for you. 

As far as the T-Lock Shoes go, if only the shoes seemed damage, then normally I'd say you could just replace them and use the old balances. But these older shoes might connect with the balances in a way differently than ours, in which case ours would be incompatible. The only difference between the 15-195 and the 15-195B is that for the former, the cam has a 'wall' in the back (you can't see through the other side), whereas the 15-195B has no wall in the back of the cam (you can see through it, hence it's an 'open cam'). This simply effects the compatibility of the pivot bars that fit into these shoes. Compare to an undamaged version of your old balance shoes to see which you need. 

The 15-195 comes by default with our Series 795. If you do need the 15-195B instead, it is sold separately. The video below shows how to swap them out. It's a very simple process. This video could also confirm if indeed your existing shoes install differently. Based on their configuration I believe they do, but check to be safe.

I only have a broken piece. I was wondering if 795 Channel Balance 26C can work? Or 15-195 or 15-195B? I am not sure what the difference between open and close cam means. I really don't need the whole assembly. I have I think 7 or 8 windows that are broken.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200512_114112 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Bob

My pleasure, Marsha. Let us know if you have any other questions, and many thanks for your business; we appreciate it.

I think I will purchase a couple of the whole units and a couple of the 15-195B because the one I have is a closed cam.

I really appreciate your help.
Marsha
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.