Channel Balance Replacement Parts

A home owner from Madison Alabama says:

I have three double-pane tilting windows that use the plain 32 inch plain channel balances where the plastic channel bottom piece has broken off. My channel balances appear the same as your series 795 balances.

1) Can I order just the plastic channel bottom pieces. Length is 1 7/8 inches x 1 3/16 inches x 7/16 inches which appears to be similar to your 1-1/4" T-Lock Balance Shoe
Product Code: 15-195

I will need six of these. Are these the same for my application?

2) The stamp of the channel balance is 32B. I will probably need four channels since you recommend replacing in pairs.

I've included pictures. The overall pulley systems, line, and springs are in good shape. Please advise.
Thank you.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ordinarily, you could just purchase a 15-195 balance to repair this. However, yours is an older type that is no longer made. The key difference is that groove in the metal channel; the manufacturer no longer makes it this way, as they discovered that this design feature to be redundant. I'm afraid you will need a new Series 795 balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)