Channel Balance Shoe Question

A home owner from Central Florida says:
Hello,
I have a Milestone Series 1000 fixed window. It would appear based on everything else that I would need 29" SERIES 380 CHANNEL BALANCE (2840). The issue I have is that the channel balance shoe measures 7/8 of an inch rather than 1 inch. Do you think it would work?

Thanks,
Bill
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the Series 380 looks like our best match. Now, the depth of the shoe is important, but I think you're okay in this instance. It's likely that your old shoe wore down a little over time due to friction. Even if you do need exactly 7/8", you can always shave a bit off the Series 380 shoe if you need to.
Profile picture of Tom
We do not have a shoe with that kind of depth. It's possible that yours is the 15-005, and has just been worn down. I think you can go with our S380-29 channel balance, which uses the 15-005 shoe. It may be a little deeper, but I think it will work. The worst case scenario is that you'd have to shave a bit off of the shoe in order to get it to fit.
A quick learner from Cape Coral Florida says:
Milestone series 1000 single hung window. The window has a gap on the right side and we have now discovered that the right channel balance is jammed at the top which is preventing us from removing the window in order to get to the channel balance.
The channel bal. on the side of window is loose and will no stay in place. So do you have a suggestion on how to remove the jammed channel bal so we can get the window out? Channel bal. is 29" and looks like we will need the shu.
Profile picture of Tom

Take a look at the video below and see if that will help you.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.