Channel Balance selection

A handy person from Findlay, Ohio says:
I have 5 channel balances with broken springs. Your online selection tool is clear, but I wanted to make sure selected balances will work because some of the options don't match the stamp on my balances. Here's the information.

All balances are ribbed 9/16" wide and 5/8" deep.
1. 17" channel balance with 16 stamp. Your 17" options are 16HD, 16R and 16TG.
2. 25" channel balance with 24HD stamp. Matches your 25" channel with 24HD option.
3. 29" channel balance with 28HD stamp. Matches your 29" channel with 28HD option.
4. 2 x 31" channel balance with 28HD stamp. Your 31" options are 30HD, 30R and 30TG.

So I basically need help with the 17" and 31" channel balances to select the correct ones. If you need the sash weight I can provide that.

Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance_3634.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance_3632.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance_3633.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! For the 17" channel balance, I highly recommend weighing the sash on a scale to confirm the best option. We have a chart on the S751-17 store page that will tell you exactly what you need.

I'm not as sure about the 31" long balance. It's very peculiar for a balance in that size to have a 28HD stamp. Can you confirm? 

If you're positive that the metal channel is 31" long, then I suppose the best option is to weigh your sash here, too.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. Someone must have made a misprint on that balance, then. No big deal! The sash weights are all we need.

Regarding the charts we show on the S751-17 and S751-31 store page, I would recommend the 16R stamp for the S751-17 and the 30R stamp for the S751-31.

A handy person from Findlay, Ohio says:
Verification that the 31" channel balance is stamped 28HD. See photo.

The window sash for the 31" channel balance weighs 21.5 lb.

The window sash for the 17" channel balance weighs 11.5 lb.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance 31 in 28HD.JPG
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.