Channel Balance which one and size

A handy person from Lexington, KY says:
I think I need Series 395 Channel Balances. It is 34" for just the metal piece, so not sure what size I need. See pictures.
Has marking of 3350 on the side.

Do I need balance shoe and top or do they come attached?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WinBal2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WinBal5.jpg
This broke I think partly because of the weight of the window. Would it be ok to go up from 3350 to 3360?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for using SWISCO for your hardware needs. As long as the bottom balance shoe depth is 1-1/8", you could go with our S395-34 channel balance. I know you mentioned that the stamping on your balance is "3350" which hold a sash of 28-32 pounds. This may have not been strong enough for your sash, hence why it broke. Let's have you weigh your window sash on a scale and get back to us with that number. From there, we can get back to you with some additional information.

The sash weighs between 30-31 lbs.
The shoe is 1 1/8"
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

In that case, I'd recommend out S395-34 with a 3350 option based on your sash weight. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.