Channel balance

A quick learner says:
Hi. I need a new 18" channel balance for a window. The markings on it are 1740 DL

The one pictured is for the left. I need left and right.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The balances will be the same between left and right. Choose Series 380 or Series 385, depending on which shoe you have.

For the 1-3/32" shoe shown below, choose S385-18. For the 1" shoe, choose S380-18. I'm leaning toward the smaller shoe, but you can't always eyeball it. Measure up to be sure.

Both of these balances are available as "1740."

Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
A quick learner from FL says:
I do not think that that is the correct part. Please see the new attached pics. Notice the bottom of the piece is more angled than round as well it isn't even an inch thick.
Profile picture of Tom

My initial advice is that the 1" shoe can sometimes wear down to below 1" in depth, and that the shape of your shoe is not different enough to make a difference.

To confirm that this will work, what is the exact depth, if not 1"?

Profile picture of Tom

That should be fine. 1/8" is unlikely to make a difference. If you really end up needing to, you could file the plastic down until the shoe fits, but I don't believe that will be needed. There's no 7/8" shoe on the market, so this is your best bet.

A quick learner from FL says:
It is approx 7/8" depth
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.