Channel balance

A quick learner from United States says:
Good Morning. I am having a hard time finding this style crossbow balance and pivot pin. Do you have in stock? I need 6. I tried the S795 Channel balance and they did not work. If there are any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thanks for your help. God Bless.

V/r

John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190520_151422.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-20181026-WA0017.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190520_151537.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Could you tell us what did not work with the series 795 balance? Your crossbow style balance does not exist any longer and the series 795 channel balance is our replacement option.

I have attached a video on how to convert crossbow style balances into channel balances, give this a look and see if that helps clear things up.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

A quick learner from United States says:
Hi,

The S795 did not fit in the channel and the t shaped shoe was to fat. See photos attached. I ordered assuming it was a direct replacement, but was not. Is there other options? Thanks. John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20181028_181522.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20181028_181744.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20181028_181748.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20181028_181756.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for bearing with us as we researched this for you. So, the issue is that you actually have a skinnier version of our old crossbow balance. This kind of balance is very old and is no longer made; fortunately, we are still able to supply them for you via a custom order. There is actually a significant discount for these balances in quantities of 10 or more, and in fact ordering 10 would be more affordable than purchasing 6. So I am going to send you a custom link to order 10 of these balances. Let us know here in the discussion thread if you have any questions. 

One further detail is that you are going to have to replace your old pivot bars for these new balances to work with your window sash. See our 26-448

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.