Channel balance

A handy person from San Diego CA says:
Hello, is this a part you can supply? Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B01B0499-31AB-45CD-8B9B-4D67ACF9F2BA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B48829E7-557B-44DA-93F5-25B36F9C86C9.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

From what we can make out in your photos, it looks like you have the 15-272 sash carrier, which does not come with any of our stock balances but we can have it attached to our S795 channel balance assembly as a custom order. We would just need to confirm the number of balances that you need, with the minimum being two, to send you an order link and price quote. Thank you! 

A handy person from San Diego CA says:
Thank you Casey!
Yes the current shoe is the 15-272 and channel -metal part only-measures 19 3/8 inches (not 20") It looks like the sash carrier that come with the 795 channel has the same measurements to the 15-272 (1 1/4) do you have to change the carrier?

I need to fix 2 windows then I need 4 channels, please send me the link to purchase the items.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 584380AE-0ADA-4BEE-B69F-058FEB092E16.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6F8A71A9-399A-4D42-B1A3-2FA1DDC90BDE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D3A7A1CD-8B85-4AC6-B9BB-6E28721E32D1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DCF5A34C-A302-4371-8F22-4D8BF2041B43.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, the style of the 15-272 sash carrier differs from the 15-195 that comes with the S795 stock balance, meaning that it won't work as a replacement but the custom versions with your original shoe attached will.

As for the length of your balance, unfortunately, we can only supply these balances in even-inch increments. I would recommend double-checking your metal channel length. If it measures exactly 19-3/8", even the custom balances would not be compatible with your windows specifications. 

A quick learner from San Diego says:
Thanks.
I can not find this part anywhere... can I make it work with a 19"???
The measurement is just the metal part, please see picture.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 90A0CDB9-8373-4D61-8006-51B7F188DC56.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for your patience as we looked into this for you. After a lot of digging and researching, unfortunately, we do not believe that the 19" balances that we can supply would work for you. If you haven't already, you may want to try reaching out to the window manufacturer directly, which may have a source for these balances. 

I'm sorry that we won't be able to assist with this repair but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions. Thanks for posting.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.