Channel balance for Caradco window

A home owner from Foxboro, MA says:
We have a caradco windows in our home.
One window has a broken channel balance. The bottom hole that accepts the window pin broke off (near #10 in the picture).
Is this something you can replace?


User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Bob. We may be able to help. Check out our 15-104 and see if this is a match for your broken hardware.
A quick learner from 02035 says:
It looks like a perfect match.
Thank you for the prompt reply.
I've placed an order for 4 (in case I have trouble with the install).
If you could point me to instructions and/or a video of how to actually replace the part, I'd appreciate it.
Again, thanks so much.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! Glad it's a match. You can check out this old discussion for an idea of what you're in for when you try to reinstall this shoe. It's not easy, and you may want the help of a local professional. See that discussion for more details and a possible alternative, if riskier, solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)