Channel balance for tilt window

A quick learner from Naples, Florida says:
Hello, I'm looking for 6 replacement channel balances. Current stamp is "26G H BSI" I have 2 balances with broken plastic shoes. Please let me know if you need more info. Thank you for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window channel balance.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window shoe broken.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I believe we can replace this, yes. Is the shoe the only thing that has broken? If so, see our 15-224 inverted link. This actually just pops on and off. See the video below for more detail.

If you do need an all new balance, though, then it will have to be a special order. Let me know if that's what you want to do and we can work from there!

I need 4 new balances please. I'm also going to purchase some 15-224s for the windows where the shoes are only broken. Please let me know if there's further info required for the special order balances. Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom

You got it! I just have a few follow up questions so we can iron out all the details of this custom order.

First, what do you have at the top of your balance? Is it a hook or a screw tab? That will determine whether our replacement balance can attach to the top of your window. Our S795-26 comes with a screw tab by default but we can swap it our for a 15-198 hook if necessary.

Next, can you tell me the exact weight of your sash? Your stamp is a little confusing and I want to make sure we get you the proper spring calibration.

Once I have this information, I can email you an order link and price quote for 2 of these.

Sorry for the delay in responding! The current balances have screw tabs so your S795-26 looks great. I'll get back to you with the weight of the sash on April 29 when I return to the property. FYI these are hurricane windows and they have two balances on each side. Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom

Great! We await your return, then. Once I have that info I'll shoot it over right away. 

Thank you, of course, for considering us with your business. It means a lot!

Hello! The weight of the sash is 21.5 lbs. Please let me know if you need any further info. Thank you for your help!
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, that makes things a lot easier. I was worried it'd be something heavy but this sash weight can easily be supported by a 26C option.

I'll go ahead and shoot over that order link I mentioned. Let me know if you have any questions!

I placed my order. Thank you for all your help!
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! That means a lot to us. Please let  us know how it works out.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.