Channel balance id request

A quick learner from Neptune Beach, FL says:

Hi,

I have 3 windows who's rods are stamped 16-2 and 1 window stamped 28-3. Using the pictures attached can you help me identify which replacement model of your that I should purchase?

I am a quick learner, handy person and homeowner.

Thanks,

Pete

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200227_163901.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200227_163842.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200227_163914.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200227_163919.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200227_163854.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Pete. I'm very confident that we can ID a match for you. I'd start by looking at our Series 380 channel balance. This comes with a 19-005 top and 15-005 bottom, which is 1" deep. Take note of that depth because it's an important detail. I'd measure your shoe just to confirm that it's also 1" deep just in case. If it's not, let me know and we can find something better.

Alternate view of 15-005
Alternate view of 15-005

Assuming I'm right for the moment, I'd recommend the S380-17 and S380-29 for your 16-2 and 28-3 balances, respectively. When prompted, you'll also want to select the 1620 and 2830 stamp options. These options represent the strength calibration of the spring.

Good morning,
Very close on your estimate.
The depth of the shoe is 7/8".
I appreciate your expertise and look forward to your suggestions.
Pete
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, perfect. In that case I think you have a 15-029 shoe instead, which just so happens to be 7/8" deep. The thing is, this shoe isn't available on any of our stock balances. We'd have to custom make that configuration.

But don't worry, that's not any extra work on your end. All you have to do is tell me how many of each stamp you need and I can then email you an order link and price quote for each size. These balances will use a 19-005 top and 15-029 bottom fitting. 

Note that custom balances also cannot be returned for a refund and there is a minimum purchase quantity of 2. Otherwise, after I send you the order links, all you have to do is add them to your cart like a normal product and you can continue shopping as normal.

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Ok, I need 6 of the 16-20 and 2 of the 28-30. Look forward to seeing the quote.
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Great, I'll shoot that over now. Thanks for considering us!

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.