Channel balancers and accessories for Milestone Single Hung Series 1000

A quick learner from Jupiter, FL says:
Hi SwisCo,

Firstly, thank you for providing such expert videos and forum advice. I particularly found helpful your comments to a customer in Naples FL (https://www.swisco.com/discussions/Channel-Balancers-for-Milestone-Single-Hung-Series-1000-Windows-77-158971). Like the customer in Naples, I am also in Florida and have Milestone Single Hung Series 1000 windows built into my home by Florida Extruders International, Inc. from Sanford FL. However, my window sizes are different. Based on SwisCo's advice in that previous thread, I knew what information to look for to help find my replacement parts.

I have two window sash sizes, described below. Each sash is going to need top sash guides.

1) 35" x 31.75" sash (WxH). The balancer, measured metal to metal, is 29 1/8th inch and has text 28B stamped into the metal and printed text 28-B-20. So, part number S380-29 with option 2820?
2) 51" x 25/75" sash (WxH). The balancer, measured metal to metal, is 23 inches and has text 22D USB stamped into the metal. Neither sash from this window had the printed text, so we weighed it on the scale (17 lbs).

If you could help me identify the part numbers of the balancers, nylon ends, and top sash guides, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

We've broken our vinyl glazing beads trying to lock crooked sashes. They are 1/2 inch on the exposed surface and it looks like PN 55-194-6 is used to replace those. However, each window sash is divided into 6 sections using a vinyl 3/4"W x 1/16" thick divider. Can you supply this piece as well? Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 35Wx31.75H Sash nylon cap 1 with print.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 35Wx31.75H Sash nylon cap 1 with text 28B.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 35Wx31.75H Sash nylon cap 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 51W x 25.75H Sash nylon cap 1 with text 22D.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 51W x 25.75H Sash nylon cap 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Sounds like you've done your homework. I agree with your analysis in both cases, but there are a few details to consider before you pull the trigger.

• First, triple check the depth of the bottom fitting to ensure that it's the same at 1". We do sell a 7/8" deep shoe under our 15-029, but this is not a standard fitting. We can only supply it on a custom made balance.
  • For your 23" long balance, your stamp of 22D matches our 2240 option. However your given sash weight of 17 pounds better matches our 2230 option. We usually recommend sticking with what the original hardware was rated for, but there are instances where the installers put in the wrong parts. In those situations I tend to trust the sash weight over anything else, but it's up to you. Just something to keep in mind.
  • I'm unfortunately not able to identify your top sash guides based on the provided information, but MIlestone windows have been known to use our 18-180. This is a place to start. Look over its specs and see how well they compare. If they differ, however, I will require photos of what you had installed originally.
  • The 55-194 is unfortunately only sold in 3' and 6' increments (under the 55-194-6). We aren't able to sell it in any other side.

Hopefully this information helps, but please let me know if you needed any further assistance.

A quick learner says:
I thought my problem was the channel balance. I removed the sash and I believe there should be a stop on top of the sash for holding the channel balance to the sash. The picture is what I need.. do you have them
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, this part is called the top sash guide. Yours in particular appears to be a match for our 18-161. Check it out and let me know what you think!

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.