Channel Balances w/ Pivot Shoe

A handy person from St Johns Florida says:
Looking for the correct channel balances for my Kinco windows. The plate on the window has the following information:

Series: TW-1 SH
AAMA / NWWDA 101 / I.S. 2-97
H-LC35 - 52x96
H-LC50-52-77

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we can't narrow down what you need from this information alone. Can you remove one of the balances from the window and show us pictures of any attachments, fittings, or hooks at both ends of the balance? Can you also give us a photo of any stamp code on the metal channel? Finally, can you tell us the length of the metal channel, not including those nylon fittings? From there, we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. Many thanks.

Thanks. Will have to attack this next weekend and get back with you.
The metal channel is 2'-5" long and a half inch wide. The spring inside it is about 1'-5" long. The string inside is a little over 3'-6". The pictures show the various other broken plastic parts inside. There is also a metal hook at one end of the string. I think all the internal plastic needs to be replaced as it is all either broken or brittle. I also included pictures of the bracket the bottom of the window goes into. These are workable but if available could probably use being replaced as well.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0236.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0237.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0238.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0242.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0246.jpg
Additional photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0247.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0248.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0240.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0245.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0246.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. Don't worry about the internal components of these channel balances; they vary quite a bit, depending on the age and manufacturer, and ultimately when these balances break the innards are absolutely not meant to be replaced piecemeal. You simply need to replace the entire channel balance. We can help you do this, but I need you to confirm the following:

• What is the exact length of the metal channel? I'm afraid I'm unable to read pictures of your rulers or measuring tape from these photos. 
  • Can you show us a clear picture of the hook or tab at the end of the cord that comes out of the bottom of the balance? This hook or tab is what connects the balance to the pivot shoe (if you do need a new pivot shoe, see our 15-105 matches what you need). 
  • Finally, we need a picture of any stamp code on the metal channel. 

From there, we can narrow down what you need. Thanks. 

Thanks for the quick reply. The length was in the text, not just the picture, it is 2'-5" (29") and they are 1/2" wide. I looked carefully all over the channel inside and out and there is no stamp or any writing on it.

I've included three pictures of the hook which is about 7/8th inch long. Also included a picture of the shoe, let me know if you think it should be replaced. Finally, I included a picture of the manufacturer plate on the window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0268.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0235.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0265.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0266.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0267.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Ah, my apologies--I should have understood what your denotation meant! Thank you for the picture of the hook as well. We can custom make you a 29" Series 770 Balance with a 62-105 hook attached at the bottom, so it connect with the 15-105 Pivot Shoe. Now, if there's no stamp number on the metal channel, we will need you to weigh your window sash. Give us that exact weight, and we'll know what stamp option your balance needs. Finally, how many balances do you need? From there, we'll send you a custom order link. Many thanks.

Thanks. When you say weigh the window sash I am not sure I understand what you mean. Do you want me to remove the entire bottom window and then weigh it?

Thank you.
Profile picture of Bob

Yes, that is exactly right. You remove the complete sash and weigh it on a scale. 

The window weighs in at 35 pounds. I would need parts for three of these windows. Thanks.
Profile picture of Bob

I'm shooting you an email with a custom link to order (6) 29" Series 770 balances with the 62-105 Hook Attached. These balances will have a stamp option of 29F, which is for a window sash in the weight range of 32 through 36 lbs. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks, so you don't think I need to or should replace the foot in the track that attaches to the bottom of the window?
Profile picture of Bob

If your old pivot shoes are undamaged, I think you'd be fine reusing them. If there is wear and tear or you'd just like to replace them to be safe, however, see our 15-105.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.