2 pieces of #1940
5 pieces of #2230
5 pieces of #2240
4 hinges
1 replacement window glass (25x22.5)
window seal (gasket) for 7 windows

The metal channel width is 1/2 in
The depth is 5/8
The hinges allow the window to swing open like a door on one side. On the other side, the small black piece on the bottom of the metal channel are there to hold the window when it is not opened up like a door.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! We can definitely help, but we will need to clarify a few things first. This particular type of balance can get a little complicated. Please bear with me.

First, am I right in assuming that you need these balances in pairs? For example, do the 1340 and 1330 go in the same window? Same for the 1930s and 1940s, as well as the 2230 and 2240 balances? That's usually how these hinged balances go. The thing is, those stamps only tell me the weight of the sash. They do not tell me what the nylon attachments on each end are.

That's where it gets a little complicated. These balances typically use our 19-008 top and 15-025 shoe. Look them over and tell me if you agree. We have to custom make this, however in each pair (1340 and 1330 for example) one balance will be missing the 15-025 shoe. In your three cases, I do not know which one is which. If you can, please specify which stamped balance uses which attachments (both the 19-008 top and 15-025 bottom, or just the 19-008 top by itself).

Once I know that, we can email you a selection of custom product links that you can add to your cart, in addition to the price for each.

As for the other parts, the hinge is likely our 15-058. I am not sure about the gasket. Could you show me a picture of its profile? Thank you!
A landlord from Somerset says:
Hi thanks for getting back to me. Yes I need the balances in pairs. The 1340 and 1330 go on the same window and so on with the rest. These pictures are of the inside of the channel. If you could get back to me with the link to order it I would really appreciate it, Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! That's good to know. How about the shoes on your balances? In each pair (1340/1330, etc.), is one balance missing its shoe? It looks like in the first case, 1330 has the shoe but 1340 doesn't. Would this be the same case for the rest? Sorry if it's a little confusing; these balances even flummox me sometimes. I just want to be 100% sure we get everything right. This should be the last piece of information we need and then I'll shoot over the appropriate information.
A landlord from somerset says:
Yes that is correct about the shoes. The hinges, shoes and top are correct. Thank you
A landlord from somerset says:
thank you for the links.I ordered them.But I need the link for the hinges and window seals / stop air circulation from inside to outside.
Profile picture of Tom
Oh sure, sorry about that. there are a few possibilities for the hinges. You can see what we carry here. I'm not sure about the seals, either. There are many more possibilities on that front, I'm afraid. Check out our weatherstripping section and see if anything here might match.

Thanks again for your order. Please let me know if you'd like me to clarify any of my suggestions.
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.