Choosing correct replacement pivot shoe

A home owner from Shenandoah Valley, VA says:
I need a replacement pivot shoe with measurements like your no. 15-118. The only difference I see is this one has a blue cam whereas mine has a black cam. Does that make a difference? I will be using your pivot bar 26-083 and a new spiral balance S600-25 blue tip for a 25lb sash.
Thank you
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The color of the cam doesn't necessarily mean anything. If you'd like to send us a picture of the pivot shoe removed from the window, we'd be happy to confirm whether or not the 15-118 will work for you. Thank you!

I do not have the pivot shoe removed yet but attached are two pics of the rt and left ones. Also attached is a pic of the pivot bar which I believe is similar to your part no. 26-083.
Thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the photos! Don't be fooled by the color of the center cam. It is the dimensions that really matter. We believe your pivot shoe is 1-1/4" wide by 1/2" thick, which would correspond with our 15-046 shoe. If it is 9/16" think, then your first choice of the 15-118 was correct. We pulled up videos to help you with removing the pivot shoe if it is broken. The pivot bar seems to match our 26-083 and the spiral balance, S600-25 with a blue tip. Our charging tool 75-006 will also be helpful.

Thank you for your help. I will order some of both the 1/2" and 9/16" thick pivot shoes just to be on the safe side. I will also order the other parts needed today.
Thanks again.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Awesome, thank you! We appreciate your business, it means a lot. Please let us know how your order works out.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.