Choosing correct replacement pivot shoe

A home owner from Shenandoah Valley, VA says:
I need a replacement pivot shoe with measurements like your no. 15-118. The only difference I see is this one has a blue cam whereas mine has a black cam. Does that make a difference? I will be using your pivot bar 26-083 and a new spiral balance S600-25 blue tip for a 25lb sash.
Thank you
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The color of the cam doesn't necessarily mean anything. If you'd like to send us a picture of the pivot shoe removed from the window, we'd be happy to confirm whether or not the 15-118 will work for you. Thank you!

I do not have the pivot shoe removed yet but attached are two pics of the rt and left ones. Also attached is a pic of the pivot bar which I believe is similar to your part no. 26-083.
Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot bar.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe-left.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe-rt.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the photos! Don't be fooled by the color of the center cam. It is the dimensions that really matter. We believe your pivot shoe is 1-1/4" wide by 1/2" thick, which would correspond with our 15-046 shoe. If it is 9/16" think, then your first choice of the 15-118 was correct. We pulled up videos to help you with removing the pivot shoe if it is broken. The pivot bar seems to match our 26-083 and the spiral balance, S600-25 with a blue tip. Our charging tool 75-006 will also be helpful.

Thank you for your help. I will order some of both the 1/2" and 9/16" thick pivot shoes just to be on the safe side. I will also order the other parts needed today.
Thanks again.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Awesome, thank you! We appreciate your business, it means a lot. Please let us know how your order works out.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)