Coil Balance

A handy person from Simpsonville, SC says:
I don't see any manufacturer's name on the windows. I also don't see any stamping on the coils. The home was built by Ryan Homes. I would like to replace the coil balances in about five windows.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We feel the Series 190 coil balances would make a good replacement for your current ones. Besides replacing the coil, you may also need to replace the pivot shoe. See our 15-180 for consideration. To raise the broken spring with the pivot shoe, place a screwdriver in the center cam and turn the "U" cam towards you. That will release the brake. From there, you will be able to raise the shoe. You will then need to remove the two screws holding the support and the springs to make room to get the shoe out of the cut out. Lastly, there will be a stamped number on the spring near the pivot shoe screw. That number will indicate which Series 190 coil spring to order.

A quick learner from Simpsonville, SC says:
There are no markings on the coil.
Profile picture of Paul
No problem, we'll just need the weight of your sash to determine which coil spring you need. 
A quick learner from Simpsonville, SC says:
Right around 21 lbs
Profile picture of Paul

For a 21 pound sash, you will go with two of our S190-540 and two of our S190-640 coil springs for each sash. You would install one of the S190-540 and S190-640 on each side of the sash. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.