Coil Balance

A contractor from Hanahan, SC says:

Please see pic, I am looking for the one on the left which has a larger shoe. We purchased the coil balance on the right and the pivot shoe is a bit too small.

Can you let me know if what we need is available.

Thanks,

Jack

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200921_134618.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Jack. Sorry to hear the S140-20 didn't work for you. See our Return Policy here. Your old system looks more like a 15-180 Shoe, which uses our Series 190 Coil Balances sold separately. Look for stamps on the old coils to determine what spring weight you need; if there are none, or you are unsure, obtain the exact weight of your window sash. Give us that exact weight and we'll work it out for you. 

A contractor from Hanahan, SC says:
Hi Bob,
The lower sash is 20 lbs. Can we possibly by the whole system double coil with that shoe? if not we can figure it out.
Thanks
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, your balance system is not offered as one assembly but that is usually a good thing because you can replace what's broken rather than replacing the entire assembly every time something goes bad. 

For a 20 pound sash, I would recommend using two S190-540 coils on each side of the window. Thanks for posting! 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.