Coil Balance Help

A quick learner from West Chester, PA says:
Hi, I currently have the BF Rich Vintage windows installed back in 2002. When I unlocked this one window, the top came sliding right down. I am thankful it did not shatter. Anyway, attached are photos of the parts I need. By doing some re-search here on you site, I was somewhat educated on the names of the parts needed. Pivot Shoe(s) and Coil Double Support(s). I need all including the round coil that goes into the supports. If possible, I'd like to order for two of the same size windows. (8) double supports and the coils that go with them and (8) Pivot Shoes. Attached are photos that I hope you can identify easily.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1205211222b.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1205211229.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1205211229a.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1205211229b.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1205211229c.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I've seen this BF Rich balance system a couple times in the past, but we've never been able to track down an exact match. That said, our 15-228 pivot shoe is very similar in design to your original and may be used as a substitute, along with our 1/2" thick Series 160 coil spring and 15-150D double spring support.

Just note that I've never tried these parts myself and I cannot guarantee that they will work. They are simply my best educated guess. Look them over and see what you think.

Tom, THANK YOU! I have a couple questions. What should I do if I can not locate anything on my current coils to tell me what weight I would need? Also, the 1/2 coil double support shows only one hole to screw into the sash, how would I use these if needed? Could I use the current double supports I currently have and just insert the new coils?

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If there aren't any stamps on your current balance, you would get the precise weight of your sash and then divide that by how many springs support it; in this case, 4. 

So, for example, if your sash weighed 22 pounds, then you'd want two 5.5 springs on each side. Does that make sense?

As for the old covers, if they're still in good condition then you can absolutely reuse them, no problem.

THANK YOU!
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.