Coil Balance pivot parts for Accent windows

A handy person from Centennial, CO says:

Need replacement coil spring balance pivots for Accent Windows installed in mid 1980s in Denver, Colorado. Double hung vinyl windows total width about 35 inches and total height about 51 inches. 

Front and back edges of the plastic case measure 3-11/16" not including the 2 tabs on top. The thickness of case is 9/16" not including tabs on front of the bottom section case. 

Springs are 15/32" wide with the top one labeled CMC 504 35" 5# and the bottom one labeled CMC 543 6# 35" EXT. The pictures and description here are of assembly from the right side of upper window. 

I also include a picture of the pivot bar.

I can see that the part for the left side would be a reverse arrangement. Do the upper and lower windows use the same part are do they also differ?.

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Looks like you have a 15-087 Coil Housing Pivot, along with the 15-086 Tandem Coil Housing. This system uses our Series 180 Coil Springs. Each numbered coil spring carries a specific amount of weight. I am not certain what you mean by reverse arrangement; either side of the sash should mirror one another in regards to the coil springs that they use. The goal with coil springs is to find a combination that can support a weight equal to the window sash's weight, with symmetrical support on either side of the sash. For instance, the stamps on your springs indicate that your upper sash uses the S180-5 and S180-6 on each side. This is 11 lbs of support on each side of the sash, which indicates your upper sash weighs 22 lbs.

What springs your lower sash uses would depend on the weight of the lower sash. If any of your coil springs that lack stamped numbers, weigh your sash so you can determine the right combination of coil springs you'd need.

As far as your pivot bar goes, I am afraid we do not carry an exact replacement. But I suggest you take a look at our 26-089. The tip of this should interface with your pivot shoe; furthermore, I believe at least one of these mounting holes should line up with the holes of your old pivot bar; only one is needed for the pivot bar to properly function. 

Let us know if you have any questions.  

A handy person from Centennial, CO says:
OK thanks. Based on your reply, I just ordered the parts I think I need for the first window and if they work OK I will order more later for some other windows.
As I understand it the same parts can be used for both the left and right sides of the window.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Yes, the parts I have recommend could be used for either side.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.