Coil Spring Replacements

Quick Learner from Ohio
Apr 17, 2024 2:17 pm
The top section of these coil springs have shattered in a couple of our windows and I need help figuring out what replacement parts I need to get. I have attached pictures of the broken coil and unbroken system.
IMG_2895 IMG_2894 IMG_2893 IMG_2892
4 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 18, 2024 3:50 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

It's tough to make out exactly what kind of coil setup this is based on your photos. Most coil balance hardware all more or less looks the same in every respect except one, which is the pivot shoe. We use that to identify all its constituent components.

The problem here is that your pivot shoe is still obscured by the sash, so I can't really use that as a reference. Would it be possible to see a clear, unobstructed shot of that? Can you also tell me how thick the coil itself is? I can then see if we have a compatible cover for that size and style.

Quick Learner from Ohio
Apr 20, 2024 9:17 am
Thanks Tom! I have added some more images with the shoe and spring removed. It looks like the coils are 3/8", also shown in images.
IMG_2909 IMG_2908 IMG_2907 IMG_2906
4 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 22, 2024 8:39 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

This is a huge help, thanks! With this style shoe and a 3/8" thick spring, then my top recommendation to replace your cover is the 15-204 dual spring support. I feel very confident that this will replace your original cracked cover.

Quick Learner from Ohio
Apr 22, 2024 5:37 pm
Thank you! Really appreciate your help!
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 23, 2024 8:19 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

You're welcome! Please reach out if we can be of any further assistance.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts