Coil Springs

A home owner from New York says:
We ordered the S180-8 coil springs and the 16-024 mounting bracket, but they do not look anything like what we currently have. Our springs are 3/4" thick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190604_120745.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190604_121439.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I've never come across this kind of spring before, but I'd be happy to look into it for you. Before we begin, can you tell me what the number on your old spring reads? There should be a number or code stamped on them. Let me know!

A home owner from New York says:

Nylon housing number is F81, I believe the number 3 is stamped on the end of the balance.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! Now, we've been researching this balance and we think we can supply a match, but if we can it would have to be a custom order due to its design. I just need one last piece of information before I can confirm for sure. Can you give me the exact weight of the sash? If you can get it down to the ounce, that'd be ideal. It may be tricky since I suspect your sash will be very heavy, but please try your best.

Hopefully with that last piece of information, we can confirm the availability of this custom balance spring.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.