Coil balance ????

A quick learner from Ohio says:
Our house was build in 2009. I believe the part is a coil balance but not sure. The plastic. If this part is no longer available do you know what I can use as a substitute?

Thanks I'm advance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should definitely be able to supply this part. Before I recommend anything, I need two pieces of information. First, can you show me a picture of the pivot shoe these springs connect to? Can you also tell me how thick the springs are? Thanks!

I hope this is the information you are looking for. Thank you for the help.
The springs say #6.0 35p
Profile picture of Tom

This information is a big help, thank you. Were you also able to get the thickness for the spring that I asked for? We will need that before we can proceed. To play it safe, I'd also like the thickness of the shoe.

Where would I find this info. Sorry this is unfamiliar territory
Profile picture of Tom

You would need to physically measure your spring to determine how thick it is. You won't find that information printed anywhere on your window or part.

It appears the shoe and spring is 1/2 thick
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! With that measurement in mind, I think your best bet would be our 15-199 pivot shoe and Series 160 spring; the shoe is 17/32" thick but the spring is 1/2" thick, so I think this will work for you. However, there are some subtle differences between your pivot shoe and our 15-199. I'm not sure if it's because yours is just an older style. Before you buy anything, I recommend carefully reviewing the pictures and information we have for both product. You may also want to take your balance assembly out of the window to confirm that all the details line up. It's up to you.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.