Coil balance in this window has gone bad

A contractor from philadelphia says:
One of the balances on this window went bad. Can you determine what the replacement would be?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1891.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1890.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm pretty sure we can supply this, but I can't quite make out what you have from these photos. Would it be possible to see a clear photo of the pivot shoe? I'd like to see it removed from the window and without obstruction. I'd also like to know its width and thickness.

Once I can ID the pivot shoe, I can use that to pretty much figure out everything else that connects to it. 

Unfortunately, the existing part can't be removed. We will need to cut out a section of the channel flange to get it out. We will do that next week and then I can send you a photo and dimensions.
Thanks.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

That sounds great. Thank you.

Attached is a photo of what we need to replace.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1900[1].jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the photo. We offer a Series 140 quick tilt coil spring system. Take a look and see what you think. Your coils should have some sort of stamping or marking on it. If so, please provide that information to us. If not, we will need to know the exact weight of your sash. Thank you.

Thanks. Attached is a photo of the coil. The number is either a "6" or a "9" depending upon how you read it. Hope this helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1912.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

The spring weight number on your coil spring is 6 lbs. So if both coil springs on each side of the window are all 6 lbs., you can use S140-12 for a sash weight of 23-25 lbs. Have a look and see what you think.

Profile picture of Paul

You're very welcome. Be sure and get back in touch with us and let us know how everything works out. 

Profile picture of Paul

Two of the S140-12 should do it. You will install one on each side that gives you the 23-25 sash weight support. 

Looks good to me. I will order them now.

Thanks.

Will do.

Thanks, again.
Sorry, one more question...
Should I be ordering (2) 140-12 or (2) 140-6?
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.