Coil balance

A home owner from Queens NY says:
I have no idea what to replace this with any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This is kind of a weird setup. I wonder if the window company that made your windows were changing their balance systems. You have a pivot shoe like our 15-046, which usually goes goes with spiral balances. However, you very clearly have coil springs attached to it. Definitely a weird setup, but if it works, it works.

I would recommend looking at our 15-143 bushing, 15-144 bushing cap, 15-145 support barrel, and our Series 150 coil spring. You will need the number off the coil spring near the end that is hook to the shoe to determine the proper Series 150 option.
A quick learner from Queens NY says:
Hi i finally got around to removing the rest of the coil. The number there is 640 does this mean 6 lb?

Thanks

Anthony
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, 640 would represent 6 pounds of support per spring. So if you use one coil on each side, the sash would likely weigh approximately 12 pounds. If you use two springs on each side, your sash weight would be 24 pounds, instead, and so on.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.