Coil balance continues to break do I need heavier size coil?

A home owner from Wareham says:
Replaced my coil balance twice and coil works great for couple of months and then breaks called customers service they said weight window it is 11 lb. Old one has #7 stamp ordered s190- 740 coil balance so do I need heavier size coil ? Steve
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Let's get some information together...

When you installed the S190-740 coil springs, did the numbers match the ones from the old coil springs? When installed, did the window operate okay, or was there difficulty in closing the sash? We can try to sort this out once we're clued in a little more.

A quick learner from Wareham says:
Paul The old coil was stamped # 7 and worked fine for 2 months and broke ! I cleaned and siliconed so the window went up and down perfectly the 1 coil broke then the other side. This has happened twice. ! I also replace the shoe that the coil screws to , the sash weight 11lb , the window is a small bathroom window Let me know what u think steve
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. We usually recommend sticking with the old stamps when it comes to these balances, but I actually think your old stamps weren't right to begin with. Two 7 pound springs are made for a 14 pound sash, which is too strong for your 11 pound sash. That may be why they broke. Our S190-640 may be a better option; these are 6 pounds each, so using one on each side will support a 12 pound sash. It's still a little strong but should prove to work much better.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.