Coil balance replacement

A quick learner from California says:
The entire coil balance assembly has failed in different ways in multiple windows. Looking to replace them all. I think I have an S190 coil spring, but am unsure of the size. It's either a 6 or a 9 stamped into the spring, but I don't know which way is up! It's a 9 when looking with the screw hole above the stamp. Also, the T shaped pin (?) that goes on the bottom of the window sash has gone missing. Any advice on the proper part numbers based on what you see in the pics? Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220824_170020795_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220824_172323626_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220824_172344055_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220824_172408577_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220824_172443545_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

I recommend our 15-180 shoe, which is compatible with the Series 190 springs, 15-182 bushing and 15-186 balance clip. I'm afraid I can't determine if that's a 6 or 9 either as it's too faded. With that said, you'll need to weigh the sash on a scale and divide the weight by the total number of springs in the window to determine the correct coil spring weights. If you're unsure, tell me the precise sash weight and I can calculate what you need from there. 

As for the pivot bar, is there an identical window in the house? If there is, we can use that as a reference for what you may need.

Thank you for the response. I placed an order ahead of your reply and looks like I guessed correctly. We'll see how the spring size works out. I went with 26-378 for the pivot bar. The dimensions seemed to match the piece I was able to find. Will test these selections out on the first window and do the rest if successful. Thank you again!
Profile picture of Emily

My pleasure! Good luck with the repair and let me know if you need anything else! 

Received all of these parts today and... success! Thank you! I know more about windows than I did a week ago. Appreciate you guys!
Profile picture of Emily

Awesome! That's great news. Thank you so much for the confirmation and please let us know if you needed assistance in the future. We're always here to help.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.