Coil installed in hollow housing

A quick learner from 10520 says:
Not sure which coils to buy. Window doesn't stay up. Can you indicate correct coils and right latch pls (latch broke too). Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3BEFF407-8BAD-44C1-9E48-0E6F0E6CAF1F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DD96AA64-1BD1-4345-9727-62093818BFB6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7549F0AD-6245-4ADF-8C85-07AF217E343F.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Your pivot shoe appears to be a match for our 15-087, which is compatible with our Series 180 coil spring. Look these over and let me know if you agree. You'll need the stamp off the old coil to confirm the best replacement.

A quick learner from 10520 says:
Thanks very much. Yes this seems right. Two questions:

Does the coil also come with the piece and screw to attach to the frame (pic attached)?

Also I don't see a cutout to remove the pivot shoe and coil. The video shows a tool to open up the area but the tools seem to be pretty expensive. Is there any other way to open up the area to remove and install new pivot shoes?

Finally, what's the best way to know the weight I need for coils? You mentioned a stamp on coils but since I can't really remove them without jam spreaders I'm not able to see the stamp.

Thanks for ur help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 85B68337-DCAE-4815-ADF6-89CD607FEFCC.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! That looks like our 16-024 mounting bracket. This is sold separately. You can install it using a screw like our 33-072, or  just reuse the screw you have now.

If your window jamb doesn't have a cut out already, then you can make your own. That is a much less expensive method. I will share a video at the end of this post that shows you exactly how you can do that.

Finally, concerning weight, referring to the stamp on the spring is the best method. If you want to know that before you remove your balances, you will have to weigh your sash on a scale and divide that by how many springs are used to support it.

So, let's say for example that your sash weighs 12 pounds and you use only one spring on each side, for a total of two springs. You would divide 12 by 2, giving you 6. In that scenario, I would recommend the S180-6, which carries 6 pounds per spring.

Here's the video I mentioned:

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.