Coil sash support for a vinal replacement window purchased from Bradco Supply age 15 years

A quick learner from Methuen, MA says:
I have a kitchen replacement window were both coil sash supports are broken. It appears that the coil broke away. There are two parts. The pivot foot and further up the track a hook type part were the coil connects to. The part # that I was able to find is #5353548. Silver coil. Still trying to fiqure out the best way to remove pivot foot part. Please advise if you have any part that this number references with.
Thanks,
Pam
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Pam. I'm not sure what it is you have, exactly. Please send me a few pictures of the hardware in question and we will try to find a solution for you.
A quick learner from Methuen, MA says:
Hi Paul:

Here are a few pictures. I search for the pattern # on the part on the web and found a reply on your site referencing pattern #5353548 (fast learner from Hawaii). Your suggestions were part #15087 and S180. Please look at the pictures and see what you think.

It is the bottom sash, window dimensions width 29 height 18. Double strength glass. I calculated a 6lb coil. Does that sound correct?

Your help and time is greatly appreciated.
User submitted photos of a coil window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You are correct, this looks like our S180-6 coil spring. To remove your old pivot shoe (which looks like our 15-087) in order to replace the coil spring, first remove the sash. Then remove the top screw holding in the 16-024 mounting bracket. Insert a flat head screw driver into the shoe's cam and turn it up to release the shoe. Raise the shoe all the way to the top of the track.

This is where it might get tricky. Hopefully, the window manufacturer has a cut out to allow the removal of the shoe. If not, you'll have to try to make enough of a cut in the track to remove the shoe. Replace the spring in the shoe, slip it into the track, hook the coil spring and screw on the 16-024 mounting bracket. Now, with the screw driver, bring down the shoe to a height where you can install sash and turn cam towards you to lock it in place. Install the sash and you are done.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.