Coil spring

A quick learner from Kentucky says:
What is part number
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 34A5FE28-7337-4C84-8251-5C8E1BCFF743.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

What you're showing me here is an older coil balance cover, which is compatible with many, many different assemblies. In order to narrow down the list, I would like a clear picture of the pivot shoe, which should be immediately below this cover in the window track. I'd also like you to remove a spring and measure the width of the band. You'll also want to get the stamp while you have it out.

Once I have that information, I can make a recommendation.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7C00E70C-E138-44C7-8848-52E162FBCA6E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0413BEA9-5300-4933-8F6A-6BCB4D132EC0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 76D35F97-2DED-4134-99DE-3AE9FBCE96F5.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! Your shoe looks to be a match for our 15-111. Your coil band is 1/2" and looks to be stamped with "4." That tells me you also need the S160-4 coil spring, which carries 4.5 pounds per spring. You may want to check each spring to ensure they have the same rating. They may in fact be different.

Since you have a double spring assembly, you can also use the 15-150D cover.

Please let me know if you had any other questions.

Can you send me something how to assemble when I order the parts
Do I need two springs per side
Profile picture of Tom

If you have two springs per side now, then you should stick with that. As for how to assemble these, it's very simple. The "T" shaped end of the spring slides into the top of the shoe and twists into place. Then, the spring above that does the same in the slot in the spring below it. If you examine the assembly you have in your window now, it should be self-evident.

All orders can be placed directly on our site at your convenience. 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.