Coil spring balance

A handy person from Lake Wales, Fl. says:
Hello,
I have Amcraft Grand Estate windows and one
Of the coil balance springs has broken. I need
To replace the spring, shoe, and spring cover.
#90 35 is stamped on the spring. 801020 is on
the cover. There are no markings on the shoe.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15938728975517699147058198739305.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This shoe looks like our 15-228, which uses either our Series 160 1/2" thick Coil Balances or our Series 165 3/8" thick balances. Measure the thickness of your old coil springs to confirm which you need. I am afraid those stamp codes may not be reliable. The best way to know what spring weights you need is to obtain the exact weight of the window sash. Give us that exact weight and we will work out what you need. 

A handy person from Lake Wales, Fl. says:
The coil is 1/2" and weighs 32 pounds.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

If the window weighs exactly 32 lbs, I would use three coil balances on each side of the sash (I know you may have only had two per side, but with coil balances the exact number of springs isn't as relevant as the weight they can carry in total). Use (1) of the S160-9 9lb springs as well as (2) of the S160-3 3.5 lb springs on each side of the sash. This equals 16 lbs of support on both sides, for a total of 32 lbs of support overall. For new support covers, see our 15-150T.  To see how to install a triple coil balance system, see the video below. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.