Coil window balance

A handy person from Dayton Ohio says:
The coil is 3/4 (Actual is 11/16). The slot is1/8x 3/8. Has a marking reading: GLB There is a hooked bracket not in pic. Would like to find 4 of these.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coil 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coil 2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This pivot shoe looks like our 15-087; but please compare the width and thickness with your old shoe to affirm that these critical dimensions match. Furthermore, your old shoe's cam looks very different. Could you show us a picture of the pivot bar that fits into this shoe, preferably out of the window? Knowing its dimensions, especially the distance between the center of each mounting hole and the tip that fits into the shoe, would also be most helpful. That way if we determine you need a different pivot bar, we can try and recommend something for you.

The 15-087 is compatible with our Series 180 Coil Springs. You will need to look for a stamp code on the metal channel that indicates the spring weight you need. If there is none or you are uncertain, weigh your window sash. Give us that exact weight, and we'll work out what you need. See our 15-086 Tandem Coil Housing for extra housing, as well as our 16-024 Mounting Bracket to replace your old metal bracket. Let me know what you think.

Hello, thank you for your response; I am really confused now, these are tilt windows but I do not see any pivot bars in place. The pivot shoe dimensions are the same as your 15-087 EXCEPT the depth of mine is 7/8, where yours is 1/2. The sash weight is 17.5 lbs. The only marking I see on the coil is: GLB maybe it a is 6 LB ? I will go with your recommendations. Worse case scenario...is it possible use my existing shoe and replace the coils? Signed; Don't tell my wife, not so handy.
OK...pivot bar, I assume? Sorry had a moment, that's why you are the expert. Looks a lot different than the ones I have seen on your site. Good luck and Thanks for your patience
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window bar 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window bar 2.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I think I can help with this one. I actually had another customer just the other day who had this same balance. We can supply a match for it, but it will have to be a special order due to its unique design. I'm afraid the balance hardware Bob mentioned will not work, as I'm sure you've already guessed by now.

I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 2 of these. If you wanted to change that quantity, let me know here and we'd be happy to change it for you.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.