Coiled Balance Spring S170-403

A quick learner says:
Hi
I'm looking for S170-403 but I can't find it.
Is S170-405 okay to replace 403?
Please let me know.
Thank you.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8CB1683C-D55C-4915-BC15-E62D09A7CC83.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 77B65541-59F1-46BC-B7DF-8D348BF7CF1C.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

No, I believe that would be too strong. Please give us a little more time to look into this. We may be able to find a spring  that can work for you. In the meantime, if you could tell me the weight of your sash, that would be a huge help.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks again for waiting. We unfortunately weren't able to acquire a 3 pound spring in your size. The only version we found had a 26" long spring compared to your 40" spring. See our S170-263. This spring is much shorter than yours and depending on how tall the window is you may not be able to close it.

If that's too short, then your only other option would be to go with the 5 pound S170-405 after all. I still fear that it may be too strong, but it is the weakest spring we carry in this style and size. You may find the window harder to close and, in a worst case scenario, it may even drift up after you close it. I cannot be sure. 

I'm sorry that we cannot offer you a better match.

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.