Comparing the 15-047 and 15-187 pivot shoe

A home owner from Ma says:
I already purchased 15-047 Pivot Shoe which seams to be a little loose where the pivot bar goes in. The old Pivot Shoe rectanglar slot measures 11/32" W x 7/32" H with a little center drop lip inside. On your Web site Pivot Shoe 15-187 & 15-047 have the same outside Dim. will 15-187 fit better?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Do you have the dimensions of the pivot bar you're attempting to use? The pivot bar recommended for the 15-047 Pivot Shoe is the 26-056 Pivot Bar.
My pivot bar looks just like 26-040 pivot bar. However I have Trocal windows about 25 years old.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I have the 15-187 Pivot Lock Shoe and the 26-040 Pivot Bar right in front of me. I can tell you that the 26-040 pivot bar doesn't fit too snug into the 15-187 lock shoe. However, the 26-056 Pivot Bar (for Trocal windows) fits quite nicely into the 15-047 Pivot Lock Shoe.

You may want to give the 26-056 Pivot Bar a try.
What is the recommended pivot bar for 15-187 pivot shoe?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Customers have purchased the 26-040, however it is not a Swisco recommended or related product.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.