Complete Coiled Spring Assembly for Window Channel

A home owner from Chicago, IL says:
Please identify this window part for me.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We immediately recognize your pivot shoe. Our 15-177 should be able to replace it with no issues. This shoe is used with the 1/2" wide coil springs, like the Series 152. There is a spring weight number stamped on your current coil spring. You will need that stamped number to order the correct spring. We placed some helpful media guides on this page for additional information. 

Hi Paul - Thanks for the response. I need the entire assembly, with the housing and the coils, as well as the pivot shoe. Do you have this and can you send me a pic?
Profile picture of Paul

I'm afraid we don't sell the entire assembly as one complete kit. All the parts are sold separately. If you cannot reuse your old cover, I recommend our 15-143 bushing, 15-144 cap, and 15-145 drum. These pieces snap together over the coil spring. 

Profile picture of Paul

You can roughly estimate the right weights by taking the weight of the sash and dividing by the number of coils per sash. If the answer were roughly 5 pounds, you'd use a bunch of 5 pound coils, etc.

Profile picture of Paul

Well, there seem to be two coils per side, which is four coils total. That's what I meant by "a bunch."

The sash almost certainly weighs more than 5 pounds, so that's kind of a funny example; I would imagine it's closer to 15 or 20.

In that case, as an example, I was saying you might need four 5 pound coils, which would be for a 20 pound sash. See what your actual weight is and do the math that way.

I don't have the old assembly, so I don't have a weight number. Which coil would you suggest, based on the fact that it's a (cheap) vinyl window?
I don't understand.
There is just one coil in each jamb, no?
That's 2 coils. If the sash is 5 lbs., then dividing by 2 coils = 2.5 lbs. per coil, no? Why did you say "a bunch of 5 pound coils"?
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.