Constant force balance

A handy person from New york says:
Hello. The constant force balance on both sides of my window is not working- it looks like the metal part snapped and the window is no longer staying open. Do you have this replacement part? On the part it says patent 5353548. Also the little triangular metal part to which the metal attaches too is also broken, do you have this part also? Please see attached pictures. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AE05D7F4-7A7D-41D3-8012-D0F3B3A1BC98.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7DA66FC4-B88C-4470-89B5-E4B20D4465DC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1894C372-4EF2-49FE-8B8F-A5FB45DA2BCA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7A56E31B-F2DF-4FCA-AD24-51F2B8DAE861.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 49EABC78-CCC9-4F56-BB38-438FE4669ACE.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

It looks like you have our 15-087 which holds the Series 180 coil balances. If you need a new mounting bracket, please see our 16-024. Remove your pivot shoe and compare our dimensions to yours to see if this matches up for what you need. 

Detail of 15-087
Detail of 15-087
I see ok thank you for the response, ill take it out and compare it. For the Series 180 coil balance, how would I know the amount of pounds it is ? is that somewhere on the coil itself marked?
thank you
Profile picture of Emily

To determine the coil strength, you'll need to remove and weigh your sash and then divide the precise weight by the number of springs in the window. 

For example, if you had four springs total (two on each side) and a 12 pound sash, you would want four 3 pound springs.

I hope that helps! 

thank you. You are correct with the parts you mentioned. My window weighs 15 lbs and there are 2 springs, should I get the 7lbs coil balance or 8 lbs? also do you have a screw fo the mounting bracket 16-024.
Thank you
Profile picture of Emily

You can do either, the decision is ultimately up to you. You say you have a total of 2 springs in your window, one for each side, correct? So, one 8 pound coil for each side would equal a 16 pound sash. If you do one 7 pound coil on each side, that would equal a 14 pound sash. It wont matter much if you're off by a pound. For the screw, please see our 33-072

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.