Constant force balance spring on Royal Prime window

A quick learner from Morristown, NJ says:

I need two constant force balance springs for a Royal Prime window. What part number do I need and where can I find it?

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello and thanks for contacting SWISCO. Because your pivot shoe looks like our 15-087, I believe you should take a look at our Series 180 balance springs; see if they match up with what you're looking for. 

Thanks. Seems like they may do the trick. Any guidance on lb selection - there is an 8R stamped on the front of the housing. 8lb?
Profile picture of Bob

Yes, based on the stamp it is a reasonable guess that the S180-8 is what you're looking for. But to be 100% sure, you may want to weigh your window sash. If it weighs 16 pounds, then the S180-8 should be perfect, since it will be supporting 8 lbs per side (equaling 16 lbs total). 

Profile picture of Bob

I do see the issue. Unfortunately, it looks like we sent you the wrong coil springs. We apologize for the error. We are going to send you out the correct springs along with a return label to have the incorrect ones sent back to us. 

We thank you for your continued patience with us and we are working as diligently as possible to get this matter corrected for you. 

I bought the S180-8 but the ones delivered were too wide for the sash channel (3/4" vs. .5"). Did I order the wrong ones? The picture on the website looks identical to the ones I need however the ones received look nothing like it. "408 J" is imprinted on the coil. Please help. I've added a photo. To the left is what was delivered, to the right is what I need.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190325_100725.jpg
My window's pivot bar doesn't fit the 15-087. There's a little bite out of the bottom of it. Do you have this type of pivot bar shoe?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7b06fad9a0a5dfd0dc8a1a1ebe5131e8c48a19c4-1S_1280.j
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named c7006eb66fe194a621ee4a2a1f08493d005559e7-1S_1280.j
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Ah, I've come across this problem before. In fact I just had a customer earlier today asking about this. You can still  use our 15-087, but you'll need a new 26-040 pivot bar to replace your old one. I don't think this exact style shoe is made anymore (we haven't been able to track it down, anyway), but I've been told by many others who have tried it that using the 26-040 fixes the issue. Look it over and see what you think.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.